- CIGALE 16 m
- Go far
- Go fast
- With easy handllings
- With enough comfort
- With little heeling
- In complete safety...
- Is the dream of every sailor.
- The Cigale 16, with the aft crew cabin, is the result of our
architect's and navigator'sexperience.
She resumes, with another laying out, the essential characteristics of the Lévrier
de Mers 16 metres.
- Her length, her light displacement, her stability given by the shape of the hull
improved by water ballasts , are the result of our research regarding
cruising and races, in particular in Vendee Globe. In spite of these proportions, defined
by the speed, the boat includes all the accomodations expected in this size.
|(Optional) water ballast
||2.2 T l
||Great plan of deck
great plan section
- On the deck:
- Everything was made to make the handlings easier,
with - two wheels, to well see in front of, - every winches in front of roof, - no
overlapping genoas with , to sheet them easily
- The new thing is the great aft crew
cabin, which give the bettest view on the sea,
as a better enjoyment during the navigation (in the old days, in the great sailboats, the
cabins were always in the aft ).
- The two middle cabins are soundprooved of
cockpit and handlings.
- Two toilets, starboard and port are easy of use,
even in sea.
Good use of the boat
The water ballasts
- The boat receives optional water ballasts welded in the hull.
- Contrary to some preconceived ideas, water ballasts
do not affect the safety of the boat. When the water
ballast full is leeboard, the ease to go about is not affected,
as far as the boat wears the right sail adaptedto the weather.
- The water ballast allows to limit heeling to 10 degrees
and allows so to increase the speed from 7 to 10 %.
- The handlingwater ballast is conceived to be more simple than
reducing sail. It consists, for to fill up, in opening
a gate and leave the water ballast fill to leeward either
in starting the engine during five minutes, to fill the water
- When tacking, it is enough to open a gate, to wait for 3 minutes,
to close it and to tack after.
- The water ballast is constituted of two compartments welded
in the hull on each side (these compartments create moreover
a volume of security in case of shock or of grounding, and constitute
a watertight volume for unsinkability.
- The two water ballasts are connected by a tube of diameter 100,
controlled by a central gate (Butterfly gate Randex typifies 502
diameters 100) called gate of transfer.
- A pump for water ballast, of 21 mllheure (ref. Forani TS 40
FE), linked to the engine through a belt and through a clutch
électromagnétic, sucks up the water already under pressure in
the gate - bailer (Sofomarin diameter 40) and send it to one side
or other side.
- Two gates (Randex three ways typify 459-479 diameters 40) allow
to condemn this circuit to use only the gate "transfer"
of diameter 100 during the transfers.
- Two simple gates (Randex 450-473 diameters 40) allow to isolate
the inside of the boat of the bailer.
Article of Voiles et Voiliers September 96
page 1, page 2
Built by Alubat: www.Alubat.com
- Besides of the solidity, we try for an easy control, for a light tiller, for easy sails to